Saturday, March 1, 2014

Good End to the Week

Just a few notes from Friday...

I had a really stressful dream Thursday night into Friday morning (the 7th and 8th graders weren't listening to me again), so I woke up feeling super stressed.

All the 5th graders got their memory work said before the bell rang.  All my grades got put in the gradebook.  Almost all the 5th graders did well on their spelling test (our theme was homophones... pretty tricky).  We got a lot accomplished on our Mystery Class project and we even had time to practice the whole school musical.  We went over some of the songs at the end of the day and it sounds like it's going to be a good one!

The 7th and 8th graders were having a lock-in at school Friday night.  Mr. E and the parents didn't want them to use any classrooms (probably a good choice), so I needed to remember to lock my door behind me when I left after school.  I wasn't planning to stay very long, but one thing led to another and I didn't leave until 4:30p.m.  There's something about school; I just can't leave!

Even though the lock-in didn't start until 6, some students still stayed after to "set up" and by set up, I mean they played basketball in the gym and wandered around school looking for something to do.  I recruited one of them to feed Joe.  They asked if they could take him out.  I said yes and then went to make copies.  They were leaving the room as I made my way back, so if they did take him out, they put him back right away.

The scanner isn't working!  I wanted to scan our February pen pal letters (and I did, twice!) but the email didn't send.  One of the 5th grade moms wanted me to send her the schedule for memory work for the rest of the year, so I was going to scan that too... and that didn't work.  Sigh.  I'll try again on Monday I suppose.

The best end to the day was a little before 4:30.  I was tidying up a few last minute things in my room and looked outside to see one of the 7th grade girls dusting the snow off my vehicle!  Yay!  Such a thoughtful student.

No comments:

Post a Comment