Friday, March 7, 2014

Le Sister

One of my sisters came to school with me today.  I gave her the option of staying home, but she said she wanted to come along.  We packed her a lunch and ate a nutritious breakfast before leaving.  At school, almost every single kid who walked in asked "Who's that person sitting at the lab table?" 


She was very useful!  I had her correct the spelling tests and the 7th and 8th graders' history tests.  She also finished an art project example for me.  And she read a book.  Oh, and she played the Adjective Game with us during English and also the Spanish Vocab game (aka- the Tap Game) before lunch. 


At the floor hockey tournament, a little kindergarten girl asked, "Is that your daughter?"  A 7th grade girl came over and asked, "Is that your friend?" 


It was kind of fun to have her around during the day.  It did make my 5th graders go a little nuts having someone new around.  We could turn it into an incentive though... one girl had a ton of energy and asked Ms. J if she thought Ivy liked it.  Ms. J said, "I think she'd like it more if you were a good student and listened to Miss H. and me."  Score for Ms. J!


We ended the day in Mrs. M's room practicing for the musical.  Mrs. E introduced the Butterbraids Fundraiser by letting us sample them.  Yum!  Right after practice, one of the 5th graders asked, "Miss H., will you buy a Butterbraid from me?  I'll bring the packet on Monday."  So I guess I'm buying a Butterbraid!  I wonder if I'll be able to eat it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment