Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Egg Bake

Yay! Our Lenten supper went off without a hitch!  We prepared about 7-8 egg bakes the night before and we only had 2 leftover (one was really big though).  The only comments I heard were good ones; a number of people asked if we'd be serving again in a few weeks.  The 5th graders were all over that... the parents, well, I think they're good for a while.  We made a tiny bit over $200 from free will donations.  That's enough to cover three kids going to Camp Omega!  One mom had the idea to do a breakfast/lunch after church to raise money, probably toward the end of the year.  Sounds good to me.  Start saving eggs again Mom!


Tomorrow, one of the moms is going to send the leftover egg bake to school so the 5th graders can have it for breakfast.  There's a bunch of leftover muffins too, so they get those for snack.  I hope they'll still be hungry for lunch!


After serving supper, I got roped into singing with the ladies choir since they only had five people.  The cook is their leader and two days ago she asked me in the lunch line if I'd sing.  She had the sheet music with her and everything!  They're singing again in April, so I'll probably sing with them then too.


Science fair projects.  One girl is 99% finished.  She has to add a couple things to her board and quick edit a few paragraphs of her report.  One boy is 99.9% done.  His report is printed off (but he wants to do a new title page) and I want him to add some captions to his board.  The other two are spending tonight finishing theirs.  Whew!  I will be so glad when this is over and done.  I can only imagine how parents are feeling.


Now time to go home and correct papers and make a powerpoint for the 7th and 8th graders to take notes on tomorrow.  All I want to do is read a book, but *sigh* it's going to have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment