Friday, April 24, 2015

19 to go!

Today was pretty much a wrap-up day. 


I had a few students who need to do catch-up on their assignments... and one of them still isn't all caught up. 


It took forever for people to say their memory work this morning.  Only two didn't get it said.  One said it during Reading Buddies, the other still hasn't said it yet.  I don't know.  I think I need to do something different with memory, I'm just not sure what.


We finished up Mystery Class and turned our answers in... the 5th and 6th graders got really into it, arguing over which location we should put as our official answer (but then there was the kid who used his markers as drumsticks because "this is boring." ugh.) 


Our new read aloud book is The Sixth Grade Nickname Game by Gordon Korman.  At first they were a little bucky because it wasn't Evil Spy School, but they settled down once I started reading.  It helps that the teacher in the book is a football coach and acts like his class is a football team (super fun to read aloud).  And the chapters are short too!  Hopefully it doesn't take us long to finish it.  My plan is to go to Mankato after our teacher skit practice Monday to the BEC library book sale (every book is $0.25, yeah!), pick up a new light bulb for Joe (his finally burned out this week), and use a birthday gift card at Barnes and Noble to buy the new Spy School book. 


Monday's balloon activity: write with markers all day (except math).


This weekend's plans are to head down to Fulda.  Tonight Dad and I are going to check out some bulls after supper, tomorrow I speak at the LCMS rally in Fulda about my mission trip to El Salvador, and Sunday will be lesson planning (and probably picking out 4H calves). 

No comments:

Post a Comment