Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pinata Day Two

We burned through my collection of tissue paper pretty quick today.  Last night I had the brainstorm of using ice cream pails for each group to store their paper squares.  I gave each pail a number and put one by each piñata.  This morning (before read aloud), the groups picked what paper they needed.  There are a lot of abstract circles... they just wanted to do colors all over and not make it into anything.  We also have a set of eyeballs, a pig, and a goose.  They made good progress today once they figured out how to put the tissue paper on the piñata.  Of course, they convinced me to read an extra chapter in our read aloud book... that might have something to do with it...


One of the 6th graders lost her spelling book.  She looked all over school, her mom checked at home and at her sister's house.  Nada.  I had her look in the loft and under the bleachers.  Still nothing.  She enlisted the help of Mr. E and the school nurse.  They couldn't find it.  Since it's due tomorrow, she wanted me to make a copy of this week's spelling.  Ugh! Fine, but only since it's due tomorrow.  I still want her to find it.  The last place she had it was at school.  I don't keep track of her stuff for her, so I have no clue where it would be. 


Mr. E had the 5-8th graders run the mile today.  They got started late and we didn't have much time to pack up before the buses were here.  Only one person puked!  And I heard many reports of the incident when my students came in red-faced and sweaty from their run (I have prep time while Mr. E does PE... a half an hour of blissful silence!)


I had planned to do a science lab tomorrow, but I think I'll wait until next week.  There's so much stuff on the lab table and we're doing pretty well with our Mystery Class... I think we'll do MN history instead.  We've moved on to World War II.  Not sure how far we'll get tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to teaching them about victory gardens, tin drives, and ration stamps! (reminds me of the American Girl Molly...)

No comments:

Post a Comment