Wednesday, April 22, 2015

#20

Tomorrow there are twenty days left of school.  I should've waited another day (and had one less balloon) for the countdown to be accurate.  Somehow I did my math wrong and there are 21 balloons instead of 20, but I have all the right numbers... one of my students pointed out that I have a #1 and a "Last Day" balloon.  I should just have one or the other.  Oh well.  This is why Mr. E teaches math and I don't.


The 8th graders were actually pretty good today.  We had science/bells.  In science, we learned about the excretory/urinary system.  Lovely.  They were pretty interested in it though, even the boys who don't usually pay attention.  We had a lab where we built a kidney to see how it filters out the gross stuff from our blood.


Tomorrow's balloon activity: use a beanbag all day.  After reading the activity, I realized we don't have enough beanbags for the whole class.  Thankfully, some of them had the bright idea to bring beanbags from home, or a blanket or a pillow.  Hopefully they don't get to be too distracting... otherwise I'll have a big comfy pile behind my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment