Thursday, April 23, 2015

#20 (days left!)

I walked to my classroom this morning and found a giant penguin staring me in the face.  That's right. A giant penguin. 


When one of my students asked to bring in a giant stuffed animal penguin for beanbag day, I pictured a penguin about two feet tall (he brought it earlier this year).  No, that one must've been his large stuffed penguin.  This one was gigantic!  Easily four feet tall.  He and his pod-mate stuffed it in both of their seats (so it was lying down) and shared it.  So huge.  I still can't get over it.


Today was the perfect day for beanbags... we didn't have all that much left of our read-aloud book (and by not-that-much, I mean, we had about four chapters left).  Religion finished a little early today so we had a half an hour for reading... I bet you can guess what happened.  A half an hour later we were down to two chapters, and then came the "can't we just finish the book?"  Sigh.  So we did.  But we don't have the third book in the series which just came out on Tuesday.  I'm not planning to go to Mankato until Monday after school, which means we won't have the book until Tuesday's read-aloud! Oh no! What are we going to do!?  Read a shorter book, I guess.  I have a super short one we can probably finish in a few days.  Or we could always read the two online preview chapters of Evil Spy School, but I have a feeling the chapters will be cliff-hangers and then the wait will be even worse.


Tomorrow's balloon activity: sit anyplace you like for the day.  My only stipulation is that memory work must be said before an individual can switch spots.  Right now only two people have recited this week's assignment... lots more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment