Monday, March 12, 2018

Fine Arts Fair

Fine Arts Fair was a success! Bells sounded the best they ever have and we got lots of compliments on their playing. Our song "Goliath" was quite peppy. Every art project earned a blue ribbon! Two science fair projects got blues, two got participation, the rest got reds/whites. One person never brought theirs.

On Friday, two people still had not turned theirs in. At the end of the day, it came to light that one girl hadn't even put her board together. Her excuse was that there weren't any more tri-fold boards at the store and was it okay if she used tag board? (actually, her mom asked that). Thankfully, I had a leftover, previously used board from a past year tucked away so she used that. I said I was only going to be at school until 4:30, so unless they wanted to drop it off at the FAF before 9am on Saturday, they'd have to get it back to school by then. They came at 4:20. And there was no written report. She stared blankly at me when I brought it up. "Oh! I can stay after and work on it!" was her solution. "Oh wait, you're leaving at 4:30..." So she turned it in without a written report.

The other girl had said her grandma would be dropping it off sometime Friday. But when I asked if we could call her, the girl didn't know her number. I asked if she could call her mom to find out, but she stared at me and did nothing. So I sent her mom a text after school and her mom texted me back at about 6pm saying, "I'll call and see what's going on." That was the last I heard. She didn't bring it to the FAF, she didn't even show up! Now what am I supposed to do? Give her a zero on the project??? I need to talk to her mom and see what's up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment