Thursday, March 1, 2018

Success!

Still at school... this week's leave before 5:30 goal is not doing so well. We had a staff meeting right after school, which lasted about an hour like usual. Then came the massive to-do list.

First I had to uncover my desk of papers. There are still papers all over, but at least they're stacked neatly and there are fewer than right after school!  I also had to count money from two different school projects.

We made our pages read goal! The official tally isn't in yet, but our goal of 32,000 pages has been met. We get a Popping Party tomorrow! Students can bring their own pop and we'll serve popcorn and popsicles to them while Mr. E reads a Dr. Seuss book. Teachers turned in their "I Love to Read" special activities money after school today too. Total, we raised $132.50 for books for our classrooms. Each teacher will get $22 to spend! Yay books!

There were a ton of quarters... mostly from my class when we did the bottle flipping tournament. All in all, my class gave $56 this month towards books. Whew! That's a lot of bottle flipping! Since I have money from the Lenten supper, I exchanged the quarters for dollars since I'll be depositing the Lenten money into the bank. Most teachers probably don't want their $22 in quarters...

My class's egg bake was a success! We served 74 people and made $334.25 for future field trips! Everyone worked well together and we got a lot of compliments on the food. There was plenty of egg bake leftover (we wouldn't have needed to make those two extra pans), but my farmer was very happy to take them off my hands so he can have a nice breakfast for the next two weeks.

Thankfully, my busy week is drawing to a close. I survived! Although next week will be busy too, but not as bad as the second week in March... National Lutheran Schools Week. Next week is kind of a lull before the storm. No school Monday, field trip on Tuesday, and regular Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Then comes the Fine Arts Fair on Saturday, and life is crazy again for the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment