Thursday, March 15, 2018

Islander vs. Mountain Man

I went with mountain man today: jeans, a flannel shirt, hair in a braid, gray boots. Mrs. E went with islander since one of her daughters is in the navy stationed in Hawaii.

We finally passed our bill into a law!!! The legislative branch put enough details in their document for the executive branch to sign it. The judicial branch FINALLY got to meet. They got a copy of the student handbook from Mr. E so they could see if our idea would break any school rules. It doesn't. Any objections were dealt with.

So it looks like we're getting a fish as soon as the donations from people arrive. A grandpa of two of the students is building us a tank stand. That's the first step. Then we need to figure out how to take care of a fish and what other supplies we need/ what type of fish we should get. That one will take more research. My class is enthusiastic though, so they should stick with it!

March Madness basketball brackets started today. Grr... that was all any of the 7-8th graders could talk about in my class. Then the 5-6th graders came back from math... and that was all they could talk about too!!! During bells, someone logged on to the computer to watch the live stream. The game went into overtime and they were so glued to the screen, they wouldn't listen when I told them to come back to their desks. It made me want to pull my hair out. Sigh. So tomorrow we have to have a talk. I don't want to be the grouchy, no fun teacher, but I am really not into this whole March Madness thing. I haven't decided if I'm going to make a rule that we can't watch it in our room, or not. I think it will be only during study hall time, if that. I'll sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment