Monday, March 26, 2018

Spring

The spring chair replacement came today, can you believe it? Actually, it was on the table in the office when I came to school. Now that's fast shipping! I also had two packages of books I'd ordered earlier this month. A few of them are books that have been on my to-read list for a long time. All I need now is time to read them! Even though this week is a short week of school, it's still packed with things to do.

In about a half an hour I have another youth group game night event. After that, there's a Jewish Seder presentation in New Ulm my ladies bible study is going to. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a friend for supper and packing for the long weekend, and Wednesday is the last day of school this week!

Today we watched the movie Hidden Figures as a class as our second class prize. It's only rated PG, but since there's swearing in it, I sent a message to parents asking for permission. None of them said we couldn't watch it. Even so, I forgot how much casual swearing there is in that movie. It's still a good movie though, surprisingly funny in places. That took up our whole morning. We didn't even have time to do BINGO prizes! But that can wait until tomorrow.

I got my report cards out, all except two. Two girls haven't finished all their math fixes yet. Grr... we don't want to put incompletes on their report cards, so we wait. I'm fed up with them not doing their work, so I'm in the mood to pass out some Fs, but Mr. E doesn't agree, so we'll do it his way. It's for the best though! I don't actually want them to fail; I want them to take their work seriously.

Over the weekend a snowstorm hit again. Every single time we have a day off school (planned), a snowstorm comes! This time, I was able to get to Fulda before any bad weather came. Fulda got maybe 5ish inches or so (on top of a bunch of mud). Truman got about 8 inches. Courtland got around 3ish as far as I can tell. Today it rained, making lots of slush, but the roads seem decent and the temperature is above freezing. Sounds like the rest of the week will be rainy too. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment