Monday, September 24, 2018

Bake Sale

After school Friday was so busy I didn't have time to write a post before I left! My main objective was to order the pre-ordered books for our author visit coming up October 1st. Easier said than done. Only four families ordered a total of five books. They are through two different publishers, and one of them has a minimum order number (10). We only want to buy one from them. A guy was going to check around and see what he could do, but so far I haven't heard anything from him. The other order needed to be faxed. After getting that straightened out, I headed to Mankato for Theater Physics with one of my college friends.

I heard back from the faxed order today and I'll probably have to put the order on a credit card (mine, since school doesn't have one). Of course they're on Eastern time, so by the time I called it was ten minutes until closing time. The lady I talked to will get back to me tomorrow for my payment information. I'll probably have to call the other guy back to see where we're at for the one book order.

Sunday we had another bake sale to raise money for Camp Omega. We did even better than last week even though there weren't as many people in church. The leftover items were sold at today's home soccer game, and we ended up with about $200 towards our trip. Most families don't have to pay anything since they helped out. A few decided not to do the bake sale and just pay. I can't believe our trip is next week already!

Well, my brain is shot. I'm headed home, grabbing supper, and then heading to bible study. Our normal schedule is disrupted since our bible study hostess's work schedule has been switched around. Next week I think we're back to a Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment