Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday

Thank the Lord it's Friday. I am so tired. School has been great this week; it's just the after school parts that have been draining.

I stayed up late cleaning last night. I figured out I could let the dehumidifier run if I had a bucket under the drippy part, so I had it on high the whole night. I think the musty smell in my room is coming from the carpet by my headboard... I called my landlords and left a message asking them to shampoo the bedroom. Then I moved my bed away from that part and woke with no ill effects. The doctor seems to be right about me just having a cold; my nose is a little drippy today and I haven't had any other troubles breathing. My kids are so sweet; they asked right away how cleaning is going and what the doctor said.

This group is crazy good at getting me to joke around with them. There are so many moments that warm my heart. One prayer I have right now is for another boy to join our class. There's an odd number which makes partnering up difficult. Two sets of brothers makes it even harder to find partners some days. One boy is usually left out of the pairs, so lately I've been asking God to send me a new boy.

We got our videos of offering/messages for Africa finished. The 5th grader who filmed them is so proud! The hardest part for me was getting those videos on a flash drive. After futzing with them on and off all day, I finally got it figured out. Hopefully if I ever have to do it again it will be easier!

VIP day is Monday. The IT guys said they'd get a projector and screen all set up for us. I'm worried. They've fallen through many times in the past! A few parents ordered books ahead of time, and they're due to arrive on Monday, except I'm not sure what time Monday. I have a sinking feeling it will be in the afternoon. We're usually one of the last stops the UPS makes in the day. Maybe Mr. E can pull some strings...

No comments:

Post a Comment