Thursday, September 27, 2018

Progress

Last night I planned to get a lot of cleaning done. I only accomplished the kitchen. When I did my laundry, I quickly discovered my dryer didn't put out any heat! So much for that. I ended up bringing my wet blankets to my neighbor's apartment and she graciously let me use her dryer. Of course, she wanted to talk while my things dried, which was fun, but I didn't get much cleaning done during that time. I disclosed my mold problem to her, and she revealed that her daughter has a big air purifier I can borrow.

My landlords sent maintenance guys in to check out my apartment. The replaced the blind in my bedroom that was too big, checked the carpet for dampness (only found it in my guest room), looked over the dryer (have to order parts), and brought in a dehumidifier until the one I ordered comes in. Unfortunately, there's a place for a hose attachment at the back and all the water collected from the air drips out the back. I called and they told me to shut it off and point a fan at the wet carpet area; they'll send someone out tomorrow.

As the day progressed, I noticed my chest feeling tight and a sore throat lingering. I thought it was mold induced, so I went to the doctor. He thinks it's just a cold going around (there's one lots of people have that involves wheezing). He prescribed an inhaler and some daytime antihistamine stuff, but since the tightness is tolerable and is getting better as the day goes on, and the other stuff is over the counter and isn't covered by my insurance, I didn't get them. I have antihistamines at home.

As far as school goes, my student who knows how to do videos taped kids at school singing and saying greetings to the kids in Africa. She almost has all of them strung together. It was fun to watch her work; she even taught herself some things! The video will have a little banner show up at the bottom of the screen saying which class of kids is singing. Then she has music playing behind the chapel offering video. Now my job is to figure out how to get the video from the iPod to the computer/flashdrive. I need to bring my laptop since somehow iTunes got deleted from my school computer and the IT guys haven't reinstalled it.

The 5-6th grade girls have been making a dance during recess, like the full on dramatic one. Two girls are the 'coaches' and two are the dancers. One is the sound person (she pushes play on the iPad) and then pretends to be the judge and gives them pointers and takes points off their performance. It's hilarious to watch them playing, and their dance is really, really good! They've come up with all the moves themselves. Of course, now the song is stuck in my head all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment