Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Busy, busy, busy

Sigh... I'm not doing so well on my goal to leave school between 5-5:30pm each day... Yesterday wasn't as bad as today. We had a staff meeting after school that went until 4:45. Of course my to-do list always grows exponentially after a meeting, typically with little things, so I worked on crossing off a bunch of them.

One of the tasks was to try to find a parent to chair the Pork Chop Dinner. Last year there was so much drama, no one wanted to touch it. Now the dinner is in about a month and still no one is in charge. Thankfully the first person I asked said yes and we got a second volunteer too, so we should be okay now (I hope).

I put the spelling sorts up on the class website so parents can access them. I'm leaning towards not having a test this Friday since we're still working on figuring out how to do it. One of the other teachers isn't sold on Words Their Way and wants me to convince him that this way is better than the old spelling way. I'd be happy to if I knew what I was doing. As of right now, I know just enough to get it started with my students, not enough to persuade someone who is dead-set against it. But we're meeting after school tomorrow or Friday to talk about what I know, so we'll see what happens.

It's time to sign up for the Lutheran Educator's Conference already. The first session had a bunch I wanted to go to, but of course they aren't offered in the 2nd or 3rd sectionals. Those classes didn't spark too much of an interest for me, but I did pick ones to go to. Usually the ones I've picked have been good, even if I hadn't been too excited about them beforehand, so I'm hoping that's the case this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment