Monday, September 10, 2018

Volleyball

The first home soccer and volleyball games were today after school. My classroom was pretty noisy for a while... the girls all wanted to hang out in my room. One cleaned out Joe's tank, another used hot glue to fix one of the spring chairs that has a crack in the seam. The rest kind mostly just talked or hung around the people doing stuff so it looked like they were doing something too.

Another box of spelling books arrived at the end of the day. Now the 8th graders have books! I also got a teacher CD and interactive whiteboard DVD. Once I have time to look at them, hopefully I'll learn more things to do with the spelling for the week.

We sing for the first time in church this Sunday (and play bells too). The song we've worked on the most is "You're Worthy of My Praise". Some of the words still haven't sunk in, so I found it on youtube and played it at the end of the day. I used the Jeremy Camp version, which happens to have a rock feel to it, so a lot of the boys played air guitars more than they sang... They were like, "Miss H! We like this version better!" Then came the head banging followed by more air guitars. It was fun to watch, but I think we'll have to switch versions tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment