Thursday, September 6, 2018

Scalp Tingling

:( We found a case of lice in my classroom today.

It started after religion... one girl complained to me that she saw things moving in the person's hair sitting next to her. I brushed it off thinking that you can't see lice on someone unless you get really close to them, and she wasn't that close to the individual.

Then after lunch two other girls cornered me to say the same thing. The person sitting next to them at lunch had bugs crawling all over the head. Sigh. Then of course the gossipy 7th grade girls got wind of it, whispering madly with the 5-6th grade girls. The boys didn't care. They focused on playing soccer.

So I called the school nurse, asking her to come take a look. I tried to sneakily look at the student's head at recess... I saw a bug and little white flecks. Aww man!

The nurse came out and did a check. Sure enough, lice. The poor kid. Thankfully the other students were kind about it and encouraged this person that it can happen to anyone and "it's just something that happens sometimes". I hope the 7-8th graders will be just as kind!

Now before I go home I have to bag up all my beanbags and vacuum my classroom, just in case. Where am I going to put them?

No comments:

Post a Comment