Tuesday, September 18, 2018

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Holy buckets did it rain this morning! I put off leaving my apartment until the very last minute, hoping the rain would stop, but it didn't. The wind blew and blew (thankfully going the direction of school), and I had to run from my car to the building. It stayed dark for a long time, but it's actually kind of sunny out now. The rain stopped around noon. It sounds like almost all week will be rainy.

Last night was a big correcting papers night... I haven't had much time to correct since I've had so many things going on over the past few weekends, but last night after bible study I buckled down at got almost everything corrected. Of course they turned in more assignments today. I don't have much going on tonight, so maybe I'll spend another night correcting.

I wish I could pause time to do some reading! I have a stack of library books on my shelf waiting patiently for me... Did you know the New Ulm library system automatically renews your books for you? Best thing ever! Now I don't have to worry about getting late fees on my books. I still keep an eye on it though, just in case I reach the renewal limit.

Today was the first day my students could pick their own rounds for Daily 5. It actually went really well. I met with all my Tuesday people, it was quiet, they seemed productive, and I even had time to re-shelve the 'on display' books I've had out from the beginning of the year. I have to make room for our first book order! They will hopefully arrive this week (but maybe next week). I had a lot of kids order this time! Yay, more books!

We had a bake sale Sunday to raise money for Camp Omega. Two moms are going to chaperone. They decided to split the free registration PTL paid for and each will pay $43. This morning another girl told me her grandma wants to come and her uncle is going to pay the $86 fee for her. Still waiting for a male chaperone though. There are a few nibbles, but no bites yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment