Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Buried

Joe has totally buried himself. You can't see even a little bit of him in the tank! They cleaned the tank and fluffed his dirt this morning. When that happens, Joe gets to wander the classroom. So when they didn't see Joe this afternoon, my kids thought someone had forgotten to put him back. They were about to arouse a search party! Sometimes after his tank is freshly fluffed, he likes to hunker down, but it can also mean a storm coming (or a change in the barometer) and there is supposed to be a lot of wind followed by frigid temperatures again tomorrow, so maybe he's being a meteorologist.

This morning one school had a two hour late start. Thankfully it was New Ulm, so I could get to school a half an hour later than normal and still be here on time for their bus. But that meant I had to entertain five kids for two hours before the rest of the class showed up. We did okay, but they were pretty crazy! With such a short week they all had spelling, handwriting, and memory to work on. The other kids slowly trickled in and I was able to meet with one spelling group before school officially started for the day. We did a reading lesson too (only one kid was missing by that point).

Wednesdays are chapel days, but with the two hour delay we skipped it today. We did do music practice though! And afterwards I had my last day of Junior Achievement. Then it was lunchtime. Short morning!

Tomorrow is our last day of school this week. There's been talk of having to go to school Friday and Monday (days we didn't have school on the schedule), but it's a little short notice now. I know at least one family that's going out of town for the weekend. I have plans to go to Fulda, so I'm hoping we still get those days off. We're probably going to make up a day over Easter break though, and another one after the 3rd quarter ends (speaking of which, next week is already midterms...I am finally sending out my last two quarter two report cards for the pokey puppies. They're not caught up in math, but enough time has passed they're getting incompletes. Bleah.). The school board meets tomorrow after school, so I guess we'll find out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment