Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Play= A Bust

We were supposed to go to Nicollet this morning for a play put on by MSU. We did make it to Nicollet, but we didn't watch a play. The actors never showed up! We sat there for ten minutes past the start time and still no one came out. Finally they sent everyone home/back to their classrooms. Bummer! This was already rescheduled once from a snow day, so they're not going to schedule it again.

So, we got more done this morning than I anticipated. It was a welcome change, especially with tomorrow's forecast of 6-9 inches of snow. Everyone is guessing we're not having school tomorrow. And I just realized I forgot to remind people to bring their stuff home to work on...

On the bus to the play this morning some third grade girls sat next to me. One of them had a giant colorful rubber band thing she was twiddling around her fingers. It looked like she was using it to play cat's cradle, so I asked her about it. Yes, she was! But she didn't know how to do the next step. Lucky for her I remembered it! So we played for a while and we taught her two friends what to do. Unfortunately, the first and second steps are all I know, so we got stuck after that. Still, it kept us occupied all the way to Nicollet!

No comments:

Post a Comment