Friday, February 1, 2019

Short Week

So, today was the only day we had school this week... crazy, I know. This has been the coldest week I can remember! I got out and about a little bit on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, but stayed home Wednesday for the most frigid of the days.

I read a few books, cleaned out some cupboards, did some dishes, took my Christmas decorations down, cleaned a few things, baked a little bit, read some more books... I also got started curriculum mapping Writers Workshop/English, which is something that's been on my to-do list for literally three years or so. A very productive break! I was ready to get back to school though.

We had to reschedule a bunch of things since we missed so much school. Most have been fairly easy to move around, though we can't move our singing date. We're supposed to play bells and sing on Sunday, but bells missed out on two days of practice... We tried our songs today to see how they would go, and I think we'll be okay. It'd be better if we had two more practices in, but we'll just pray that what they practiced today sank in! The other frustrating thing is that I still have a lot of kids who haven't handed things in from LAST quarter. Ugh. It's going to be a headache staying on top of them to get their late work done.

On a positive note, a bunch of the graphic novels I ordered have arrived! I book talked them to my kiddos and most of them were snatched up as fast as a cookie. Although our morning was short, we got a lot of reading done.

It's I Love to Read Month and we began our day with all-school reading in the gym for about 20min. I even got to read! It was so quiet and peaceful... And when it was time to leave, each teacher got up silently, signaled to his/her students, and they walked out the doors. All in total silence. It was awesome. We didn't even plan it that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment