Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Science Time!

We FINALLY started our E11 lab we were supposed to do back in January. It's the first physics lab of the year and requires throwing a ball. If it were nice out, we could do the lab outside. But since it's frigid, we need to do it in the gym. No one else is going outside for recess, so they're using the gym too. I couldn't put it off any longer. The kindergarten class was in the gym during our science time, but Mrs. E graciously let us take over part of it.

Today was also a PE day, so we had a half an hour to get as much done as we could (on non-PE days I can cut into recess time a little). We got the first half done and will try to finish it up tomorrow. Thankfully the second half doesn't have to be done in the gym; we can do it in our room.

This morning Writers Workshop focused on typing the science fair project lab report. I met with the last two students to make sure their projects are figured out. As a class we talked about what to include in the written report and the graph that needs to be included. Whew, that threw some of them for a loop. I had to dig out a past science fair board and project (they don't go together, but at least it gives a basic idea of what they should look like) to explain because one girl was so lost. I left it up and it came in handy when meeting with other students. It seems like everyone is on track! Which is really good considering how much school we've missed. I am definitely not sticking to the due dates I sent home back in January. We decided as a class that the one due date we're keeping is the final due date the Thursday before the Fine Arts Fair.

In non-school news, I got an email from a 4H coordinator asking if I'd be interested in judging at their county fair. Uh, yes! That inspired me to send off a few emails to other 4H coordinators in the counties I'll be close to this summer. We'll see if anyone needs a judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment