Friday, February 8, 2019

No School Again

School got called off Thursday because of the blizzard. We knew the night before, which was nice.

It took me longer than I thought to leave school Wednesday night (because of the student staying to do late work), so my errands took longer, and I ended up texting our bible study leader saying I'd be late. By the time I left New Ulm, it was rain-snowing and my windshield frosted over driving home. Thankfully my max defrost cleared it enough for me to see the road and I made it home okay. While I got gas, I called our leader to see if any other ladies had come to study. They hadn't, and the two of us decided I should just go home, no bible study.

Today, Friday, we had a two hour late start, which turned into a no school day as well. It's our home basketball tournament this weekend and we were supposed to dismiss at 11:30am today. With a two hour delay that makes only one hour of school... not worth it. Mr. E told people to come at 1pm to set up the rooms for the tournament. So I got here at one and my room was all ready to go! People are bustling around prepping stuff and cleaning. I did a little more putting away, but it looks pretty good in here.

The big question is do we hide Joe for the weekend? In the past I've either taken him home or we've stuck him in his travel tank and tucked him under my desk. But the kids all know he's there. Maybe I should make a sign "Do Not Touch". Or... if I could find a padlock, I could lock his tank shut. That might be a better idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment