Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Post-Blizzard

Well, we didn't have school yesterday. I think that brings us up to 9 full days of school missed due to weather, not counting the two early outs and however many 2h late starts we've had. Over the weekend there was another blizzard with 50mph winds that wrecked havoc on southern Minnesota. So yesterday's cancellation was due to road cleanup, not inclement weather. My farmer said he drove the township grader/snowplow for 11 hours yesterday. Yikes.

It was good to be back in school today. We actually accomplished quite a lot. I met with all three of my spelling groups and the four normal Tuesday read-to-selfers. I had enough time to meet with the 7th and 8th graders separately on their spelling assignments for the week, do geography, and have bell practice, all in one hour.

Still, I'm tired of cramming everything into such a short amount of time. I want a full week of school for once! Oh well, spring will come soon enough.

Midterms are supposed to get sent out this week. I almost forgot to put my grades in my online gradebook, but I remembered in time to do them yesterday and sent the 7-8th graders' grades to Mr. E. He got me my 5-6th graders' math grades this morning, so I wasn't able to send them out today. My goal is tomorrow. A few kids haven't turned everything in, so I marked it as missing, and their grades are not great because of it. Hopefully that will give them the push they need to catch up on stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment