Wednesday, April 29, 2020

18!

My behind kids are finally making progress on their Writing City assignments! Well, two of them are anyway. A third one said she was going to work on it. We'll see if she does...

The 5-6th graders learned about sound today. I had them do a mini experiment at home by tapping their fingers on their desk, then put their heads on the desk and tap again to compare the difference. Then they took cups and rested their ears on them while tapping to compare sounds again. I'm not sure if they all did it or not, but hey, this virtual learning is really "If you want to learn, no one can stop you. If you don't want to learn, no one can make you." I'm putting all this stuff out there for the taking; it's up to you if you take advantage of that. So we press onward.

I've spent a lot of time on the computer these past two days. Whew, my eyes and brain can tell! I've been looking over their check-in sheets, conferencing with them to go over late stuff, putting together a virtual trivia night for families to do via Facebook on Friday, and emailing lots of people about lots of stuff. I haven't spent any time scanning books in my library.

The weather has been kind of gross the past few days too. I haven't gone out for walks. Maybe I will today; it's windy but looks sunny. Last night in addition to the usual sister virtual chat, I watched a Zoom meeting reunion of the cast of Austenland, one of my favorite movies. It was really fun to hear the actors/actresses tell their favorite parts of filming and what was ad libbed/in the script. Tonight I have virtual bible study. It's crazy how even during quarantine my nights are filling up!

No comments:

Post a Comment