Thursday, April 2, 2020

"Early" Out

I'm hoping I can get out of school early today. Not that I have anywhere to be, but the 7-8th graders are doing an "on your own" assignment today so I don't have class with them at 1:00. I didn't have 10:30 class with the 5-6th graders either. We had a tune-in-if-you-want-to meeting to go over how to do Mystery Class. I got the four girls going on searching for the mystery locations, then I helped one of the 6th grade boys figure out how to do his graph for the project. Only one kid wanted to say memory work today. I had meetings with my usual three Thursday people.

I've been keeping up with correcting Writing City assignments every day this week, which has made that workload more manageable. This morning I chipped away at the pile of physical papers I need to correct. My current plan is to work on that more this afternoon. But, plans are very fluid these days!

I brought them all home with me last night with the intention of correcting more, but I got distracted hanging lights on my porch (lights I bought last year but never hung up) and then I remembered I had some pumpkin that's been thawing in the freezer for way too long, so I did baking instead (another example of fluid plans). There was a lot of pumpkin! I made pumpkin spice pancakes, pumpkin bread/muffins, and pumpkin pie. Although, by the time I got to the pie, it was too late to make a crust, so I have the pie mix in a container in the fridge to bake today. My freezer is getting full! Too bad there aren't many people I can share my baked goods with...

No comments:

Post a Comment