Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wrapping Up

I feel pretty good about life today: I got a bunch of things wrapped up that have been on my to-do list for a while.

A few of my kids finished (or will finish) their Read to Self book before the next drop day, so during our weekly meeting we picked out a few books for me to send home with them. The piles are stacked on the white table, ready for me to send out on Friday.

Our read aloud book is wrapping up too. Only a few more chapters left! I'm hoping to finish tomorrow or Friday so we can start a new book next week. I want to read Where the Red Fern Grows for the last book of the year and I think we can read the whole thing in the time we have left if we read at least 17 pages per day. Hopefully doable!

The Lutheran Church Extension Fund had grants available for teachers who's income has been affected by the coronavirus, even if it's non-church related income. Mr. E learned about it at his last Principals' meeting where the District encouraged the principals to encourage their teachers to apply. I wasn't able to work at the library over Easter break, so I was eligible to apply for the grant which would replace some of that income. I got approved! I just sent off my signature to complete the paperwork.

Finally, this morning I wrote the christian preamble to my will. I've been working on estate planning with my lawyer for a few months (always good to be prepared!) and I finally had a chance to look through the ideas she sent me. It feels good to get that written and sent off!

Now, I'm wrapping up things at school, will quick run errands in New Ulm, and then take my kayak out for a spin on Swan Lake! The weather is gorgeous today; too nice to be inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment