Monday, April 6, 2020

Report Cards

I finally got my report cards sent out to parents. Yesterday I spent practically the whole day correcting papers (I also watch a bunch of movies while correcting, hence the long time to finish) but everything is now corrected! All the grades are in the gradebook and report cards got emailed to parents. I did fill in the physical report card, but I'm not going to send that out right now.

We had a virtual staff meeting after school today. I was the one to set it up, and I don't have a school-connected Zoom account, so we had to keep it to 40min. Zoom has a restriction of 40min for all non-school related meetings. Mr. E had trouble connecting because he set everything up on his desktop computer which doesn't have audio/visual. He needed it on his laptop. So he and Mrs. E connected on her phone and I helped him get Zoom set up on his laptop after the staff meeting.

My marine friend got our card in the mail Saturday. He enjoyed all the jokes! The package he mailed us coincidentally arrived Saturday. I waited until this morning at school to open it. The package was bigger than I expected, and C said that's because he stuck something else inside besides the rocket cover for one of my students.
Here it is:
The tag says "Teacher of the year!!" so I suppose that means it's for me. ;)

Here are pictures of the rocket cover, back and front. The rocket breaks the cover in half when it launches. After the mission, the crew members sign it and it's a big honor if you get to keep it! Other facts: the rocket leaves the launcher going twice the speed of sound. It's really loud!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment