Thursday, March 18, 2021

Homework Contract

 This happened today:


Earlier this year, my kids asked if they could skip one week of handwriting and do one of the later ones in the book since our book goes through week 32 and we only have 30 weeks we need to do handwriting. I didn't think it was a big deal, so I said sure. 

Today they discussed and realized that week 27 has a lot of long words. Week 31 has short words. So they made a plan to skip the long word week. I forgot that I had said they could trade a week around, and I told them they needed to get it in writing since I'm getting forgetful in my old age. (Then they made a joke about me being old/not old at 30). One 6th grader took it upon herself to type up a contract and have her classmates and me sign it. Didn't she do a great job? Even with getting her classmates to sign!



No comments:

Post a Comment