Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Easter!

Today was a good day, and not just because my class watched a movie pretty much the whole morning. 

We got more involved in the story of Elisha in religion, dug deeper into the rising action of our read-aloud book, found a good stopping place without any arguing from my students, comfortably watched Ratatouille while I corrected papers/watched/emailed. Three bean bags needed sewing, so I fixed them in between lunch and recess.

The 7-8th graders were a little crazy, but we finished the geography lesson I wanted to, played tone chimes, and did a Junior Achievement lesson. (The 5-6th graders did PE). The 5-6th graders and I had a great Minnesota history lesson connecting WWI, WWII, and technological advances in the 1920s and 30s. 

I heard back from BLC saying I officially get a student teacher at the end of April. They have one other student who needs a place, and were wondering if there was another teacher at our school who would host. First I had to clear it with Mr. E. He was a little hesitant, but ended up saying if another teacher wanted to do it, we could. Mrs. L said no, she didn't have enough time for science/social in the schedule this year to make it worth the while. Mr. D said yes, his kids are getting tired of hearing him talk all the time, plus he could possibly get some new ideas from the student teacher. So, Mr. E gave the official yes on a second student teacher. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment