Monday, March 29, 2021

Short Week

Both my students and I are glad there are only two days of school this week. 

My brain was very laggy today, the weather was crazy (75 degrees and windy! tomorrow will be 40 degrees), and there's no spelling/handwriting/memory work this week since it's so short. That combination made it very easy to convince me to do extra read-aloud today. I mean, we did get to a really good part in our book... and even with the read-aloud we accomplished 95% of what I wanted to today.

My kids, normally so calm and quiet, were off the walls today. I blame it on the weather. Even the typically steady kids were getting in their classmates' faces and goofing off. Four square at recess was even stranger... again, it's a good thing it's a short week.

Last week I had an email from Bethany asking if I'd like to host a student teacher for three weeks at the end of April. Science class. Right away I asked Mr. E if I could. He said he had to sleep on it and I should ask some of the parents what they thought about having an outsider come into the school. The good news is, this student has been vaccinated, which lets the concerned folk rest easier. So, at the end of the poll, all involved said yes! I'll have a student teacher at the end of April! Woohoo! The only thing I'm bummed about is if she'll want to teach 7-8th science; what we're learning right now is my favorite thing to teach (body systems). Maybe I'll be selfish and just have her do 5-6th science... 

No comments:

Post a Comment