Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Snowman

Perfect snowman building weather today. I forced my students to go outside for afternoon recess. They put up a fuss because they didn't want to get wet or dirty. In protest, they didn't wear their winter gear and stayed on the blacktop. I built a snowman by myself, until one 5th grader joined me. We set him on the picnic table bench and gave him a couple friends too. The rest of the class got bored playing tag and eventually moved to the snow. They raced each other or walked around, swung on the swings. 

The 7-8th graders learned about the skeletal system today. I showed them my sheep bones and some other bones I found this weekend (totally dry bones with nothing on them... pretty sure they're from a fox): ribs, skull, hips, arm/leg bones, vertebrates... Some of the bones from the sheep are broken so you can see the spongy vs compact bone. They were super into it. But of course, bones are just kind of cool in general. They're not something you see every day!

Habitat update: my USDA loan application got sent up the chain today! Now I wait to hear what they decide. I do know they'll need my 2020 taxes when those are finished. Hopefully they won't need any more documentation besides that and the plethora of paperwork I already sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment