Friday, March 5, 2021

Sports Day

I pulled the ol' Croatia soccer jersey out of the closet for today's Sports Day. It's the only jersey I have; I got it a few years ago when my friend L and I were on vacation in Croatia during the World Cup. They were playing in the World Cup and placed second! We were able to watch two of their final games and bought jerseys from one of the sidewalk stands to better blend in (and show our support, of course). Such good memories. 

It was only a half day of school, which made the day go fast. Two homeschool girls tuned in for religion class. We did our last Junior Achievement video today. The kids were super excited to be done; they weren't fans of the new video/virtual format. We watched the video during lunch and they cheered when it was finished. 🙄

The rest of the day we spent pretty much doing read-aloud. They are totally sucked into this book. They would've had me read for three hours, except we had to take a spelling test so they had to settle for two. My voice held out pretty good for the morning. One of the 6th graders thought we could read for an hour, do our spelling tests, then read for another hour just to give my voice a rest if I needed a break. What a thoughtful kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment