Monday, March 8, 2021

Sunny, Summery Day

So beautiful out. The 7-8th graders went out for recess the same time my class did, but they played kickball while mine did four square. My class really liked watching them play. We did a lot of cheering while we played our game!

My kids were in an argumentative mood. They kept trying to make deals with me but I was not having it. Art was the source of contention. There's a project I've had planned for at least a month, but it keeps getting pushed off. No more! We started today. It looks complicated, but it's not as hard as it looks. Unfortunately, my kiddos are judging the project by its cover. 

They also wanted more read-aloud time, but I held firm today. In the plans was watching the MSU play via video link. It was probably my least favorite play from them so far, very geopolitical. Some parts were fine, bits about not littering or planting trees to help the environment, but there was a part about organic farming and chemicals, and some of their facts didn't share the whole picture... Bummer. 

On another note, it's supposed to be really nice out tomorrow! I'm feeling the itch to go kayaking, but I have a feeling the pond is still frozen. Sigh. I guess I'll have to wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment