Monday, January 17, 2022

Massage

Not school related, well, technically I guess it could be...

I got a massage gift card as a Christmas present. A friend who gets massages often advised me to schedule it right away because times book up fast. So while my kids were at PE I gave them a call. They had an opening tonight at 6:45 or the end of March. I guess I'm going tonight! They can work out all the knots my kids give me. 😉 That was my high and low for the day, that I'm getting a massage and that it's a last minute kind of thing. Hardly any time to look forward to it! They were all really excited for me. One girl just popped in to grab her things after basketball practice and as she scurried out the door she said very sincerely, "Enjoy your massage tonight Miss H!" I'm sure they'll ask how it went tomorrow morning.

Boy they had a lot of chit chatting energy! We had a ton to catch up on from last week's snow day. Memory work is the worst. Two of them still don't have it said even though I reminded them about it Thursday last week AND sent a reminder Sunday. Sigh. It's a good thing I sent the reminder Sunday. One parent thought we didn't have school and was going to be ice fishing! That student was still gone today, but at least I knew about it ahead of time. 

The end of the second quarter is this Friday which means there's even more to catch up on. The 5-6th graders have quite the list going. The 7-8th graders are doing better, just one worksheet from one student is missing. 

The weather is in the 30s today and tomorrow. I have a few outdoor tasks I need to do before it turns frigid again. My porch plastic is thinner than usual (I didn't read the package carefully enough before buying it) and there's a big hole in it that lets snow through. I'm going to patch it with another piece of plastic. Then I need to clean some dirt out of the water drain vent under my car's hood. Not very pleasant job to do when it's cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment