Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Read-aloud All Day

We had our class prize today, read-aloud all day! My voice held out thankfully and we only have 30 pages left of our book. I find it wonderful that this was their unanimous prize (chosen over watching a movie or having extra recess or getting treats). They are super strategic and chose today because it wasn't the beginning or end of the week when we have lots of things to do. And not on a Wednesday because of chapel. Not Thursday because spelling is due. I love the brainpower of this group!

The 6th graders asked if they could highlight bell parts while I read. Of course! I just had to make copies quick... so they did their read to self round while I printed. Then we finished highlighting during the regular bell time. The 7-8th graders highlighted their parts (they're faster than the 6th graders anyway) and I read aloud the 7-8th grade story. My 6th graders got sucked into the story and now want to add it to our read-aloud pile (The Unteachables by Gordon Korman). We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment