Thursday, January 20, 2022

Planning up a Storm

Bells today, sight reading a new song.

6th grader: It's 80 beats per measure, right Miss H?
8th grader: What? No way! That's like a whole church service!

For the record, he meant 80 measures in the song...

Boy my brain is worn out! Too much planning, and more is yet to come. Usually in January, we're invited to MLHS for a history speaker (my favorite history presenter of all time). It's always a last minute thing because both Mr. E and I forget about it, until I remember to ask and then it's a frantic scramble to find drivers, etc. Guess what... it happened again. 

The speaker is next Tuesday at 9am. No school Monday because it's the end of the quarter. That meant if we were going, we had to send permission slips home TODAY so they can be returned tomorrow. Thankfully, finding drivers was easy. A parent with room for six in her car happened to be in the hallway before school (I asked, she said sure). Another parent with a flexible work schedule volunteered with a hearty YES. Those two plus Mr. E and me equals enough seats. I had a permission slip saved from two years ago, so with a few minor modifications, that was ready to go. 

Then we had to plan where we were going to lunch. Subway or Pizza Ranch. One of my kids reminded me kids eat free on Tuesdays. So that's where we're going. Not all get a free meal, only with adult purchase. Then we had to plan seating arrangements in vehicles. Then plan if Mr. E and I are switching classes when we get back (no). There's a tournament this weekend and some of the 7-8th graders are leaving early. Are we still having class? (yes) Can Mr. E's leftover kids come in my room at 2pm so he can get ready to leave? (Yes). I'm going to the tournament too, but I don't have to get there so early. It's the Lakefield tournament, so I can pop over to Fulda for the rest of the weekend! The only bummer is the girls play twice Friday (probably) and the boys don't play until Saturday. So I'll only see the girls play. 

Along with all that, I need to plan food. I'm guessing there aren't many Whole 30 friendly foods at the tournament. Sack supper it is. I'm also bringing a few Whole 30 ingredients/meals along while I'm at my parents' house, just in case their fridge isn't packed with fruits and veggies. Although maybe I should stop at home after school so the food isn't sitting in my freezing car all day. For the field trip Tuesday, I checked out Pizza Ranch's menu and I should be able to cobble together some sort of Whole 30 salad. Whew!

Now all that's left is to plan lessons for next week and correct spelling. 

Flooring update: both bathroom floors were replaced and look nice. My things weren't disturbed too much, although I had to hunt for my drying rack that's usually behind the door (that and the garbage can were relocated to my bedroom). Today he's doing the kitchen and entryway (I moved the kitchen stuff out of his way). I forgot my lunch at home today and had to go back and get it. He was already there, starting to move things around. I'm glad this is only a two day project! It'll be good to have my apartment back!

No comments:

Post a Comment