Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Water Filler

I think I have a mini-stalker. There's a 1st grade boy who's volunteered to fill up my water bottles every day this week and some of last week too. It started last week when he had to move my water bottles out of the way so he could fill his before school (I always set mine there to fill while I pass back papers to the 7-8th graders). 

The next day, we met at the drinking fountain at the same time. I told him to go first while I popped into the 7-8th grade room. He stuck his head in the room a few minutes later brandishing my full bottles. "I filled em up for ya, Miss H!" he proudly crowed. Of course I thanked him profusely, which probably made him want to do it again. 

Yesterday, the same thing happened, although another classmate of his wanted to fill one. So we compromised by letting the first one fill both and the second one screw on the lids. It worked great. 

This morning, my water bottle filler must've been watching for me or heard me coming down the hall, because when I got close to the fountain, he darted out of his classroom water bottle in hand, making sure he got to me before anyone else could (no one else even paid attention). "I'll get that for ya Miss H!" So, my bottles got filled yet again. Do you suppose it will happen tomorrow too?

No comments:

Post a Comment