Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Back

Wow, what a day. Frazzled is the word that comes to mind...

I swung by church to pick up the bells, tone chimes, and music stored there after the Christmas Eve service. At school, I looked over the notes from yesterday's sub (the piano teacher Mrs. O, it went great). I had a lot to catch up on from missing a day (this is why I don't take days off... more work to be gone than to be at school). 

When my kids arrived, we discovered the interactive board isn't working. Great. I tried all my usual tricks and nothing worked. One phone call to the IT guys and... they actually answered! Except then I was stuck on the phone with them for a half an hour. No solution. He was going to check on a few more things and swing by school after he finished a different appointment. Okay, well there's that. 

So school started late and we eliminated the interactive board part of our morning. Ugh. We can use the board, but you have to use the computer mouse to do anything on it. Not efficient at all. 

Aside from that, the rest of the day was good. We finished our read-aloud and started a new one, Prisoner B-3087, which has a ton of WWII history in it. We spent more time building background knowledge than actually reading today. One of our previous books this year briefly touched on the holocaust, so they know a little. I have a few picture books that introduce the topic, so we read one of those. Then I showed them a map of Poland and we looked at a few pictures of Krakow, the setting of the story. Man, I love this book!

The 7-8th graders are convinced we won't have school tomorrow. A winter weather advisory takes effect tonight, followed by 3in of snow and lots of wind. Lovely. Good thing I have lots to work on at home...

We had a two hour staff meeting after school. Now my to-do list is jam packed... National Lutheran Schools Week, February I Love to Read Month, Young Writers and Artists Conference, along with spending money from donations. Plus my regular school stuff. Maybe I should have a day off just to catch up! 

Other updates: The IT guys never came to school to fix my projector. Surprise, surprise. Day 2 of my Whole 30 eating challenge/experiment is going well. I have soup in the crockpot waiting for me at home! The water heater for my apartment building is still broken; it went out yesterday, and last night the water was barely tepid. They ordered one, and if all goes well they'll fix it tomorrow. Sigh. I'm afraid the weather won't cooperate with that plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment