Thursday, December 1, 2022

Grand Plans

One of the Christmas program songs is super perky and catchy. It's definitely the clear favorite of the students. A 5th grader leaned over to me as practice wrapped up and whispered, "Man, I have such a good picture in my head of this. It's like a guy is in a dark room when the song starts, and then a spotlight gets on him, and then at the end of the song there's a ton of people singing with him. Wouldn't that be a cool video?"

I said yes. He asked if he could make a music video for the song. I said yes again. Who am I to stifle creativity? So he and a 6th grade computer nut are working on a script/screenplay now that their NaNos are done and all their classmates want in on it too. They asked me to be the director. The rest of the class agreed to act in it. If the momentum keeps going, we'll have a filming day at church. If it turns out really, really good, we might show it at church. I haven't officially agreed to that, but it might fly if they do a professional job of editing. 🤔 I have confidence in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment