Monday, December 5, 2022

An Alexander Day

Not my favorite Monday of the school year... In fact, I would probably label it as a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, after the picture book. There were a few redeeming qualities, but overall, it was a rough one, folks. 

It started before the bell rang with a 5th grader taking a bite out of a cork stopper for some scientific vessel. Just because. So we had to have a conversation which ate up all my time for errands in the morning. We barely made it to program practice on time, making me further frazzled and grumpy. 

The same kid was playing games and chatting with classmates on the computer when he was supposed to be working, so I had to lay the hammer down again. Later I found out he sent swear words to a website "chat bot." Except it wasn't a robot; it was a real person on the other end.

Noon recess resulted in me eating my lunch on the bleachers again, watching kids play basketball, majorly foul each other, then get mad when I call them on it saying "you only ever see us! you never see the big kids foul! it's not fair! you're prejudice against us!" Ugh. 

Three kids in my class were on the verge of having meltdowns constantly through the day.

Class with the 7-8th graders was nice. They had a read-aloud workday and I started a new book with them, a continuation of the book we just finished but following a different character. I've never read it before. 

Afternoon recess was windy and chilly, but with my snowpants on, it wasn't too bad. Until my zipper got stuck. I tried working on it most of recess with little success. Thankfully, a pliers applied after recess inside worked and now the zipper is functioning. That was both my high and my low for the day. 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment