Friday, December 2, 2022

Stunt Man of ILS

The snow hill continues to grow taller... 

My kids have been having a blast at recess carving the snow into sledding channels for the most hair-raising rides. They use shovels to carve away bits and use sleds to transport gigantic snow clumps to add snow to better locations for making ramps. Then they use their feet to stomp drop offs into the snow. It's quite the operation. 

The smallest 5th grade boy always seems to be the first to test them. When I commented about that today, he said, "I guess I'm the official stunt man!" Once he got that idea in his head, he hammed it up. All serious, he asked a classmate, "Pass me my sled." They started to hand him one. He said, "No, orange. It's gotta be orange." 

Every time they try out a run, "Watch Miss H! We're making history!" Today, they wanted to film him. I didn't have my phone, but one of the 6th grade girls asked to grab hers. She likes making videos, so I said sure. The kids must've watched the video at least ten times. 

Speaking of videos, the music video script is making progress. At Christmas program practice this afternoon, our stunt man leaned over and whispered, "Our song is coming up!" Then later, "Should we tell them about our plan?" I said no, keep it a surprise. He loved that. His eyes lit up and he whispered back, "Boy they're not going to know what hit them!" We shared a secret eyebrow wiggle. 

It's so fun to watch them sing this song. It's called "O What a Glorious Night" by the Sidewalk Prophets. The kids clap and wiggle. Even my 5-6th graders dance, like actually moving their arms in dance moves from the heart, not making fun of someone. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment