Wednesday, December 21, 2022

T-1 or T-6?

I'm not sure which countdown I'm more looking forward to... the last day of school this week or my wedding day. 😜 Program practice today went well. I think we're ready. We'd be even better off with our practice tomorrow, but we'll be okay if not.

Update: I only had the top paragraph written by the time I left school. I had planned to finish writing it later last night, but I got thrown a few curveballs! My car has been leaking coolant very noticeably. I had planned to have someone check it out when they had time, but a few people came into school to tell my there was a puddle under my car. So G called a place for me to drop my car off after school. I only made it a few miles. My low coolant light came on, but the temperature stayed steady until all of a sudden lights flashed and my car said to pull over immediately. 

I couldn't tell if the engine was smoking or just venting steam in the -4 degree weather. So I popped my hood, planning to wait a while and then fill up the coolant. A friendly passerby offered to send her husband over to help. He came fairly quickly and we filled up the coolant. But it dripped out right away. My car wouldn't start either. So, I called the place I was going to have it fixed at, but they didn't have a tow service. The one they recommended had a one hour waiting list. G was my next call; he called Triple A who said they'd send someone between 4:30-6:30. So much for marriage counseling at 4pm. 

The Good Samaritan let me sit in his truck with him and his son and we had a nice chat waiting for G to arrive. G and I waited about an hour before we got a call from the tow service... they were in the wrong place. They told us we didn't need to wait at the car, so G and I went to my house for me to pack for the rest of this week. (With a blizzard in the forecast for the next few days, I wanted to make sure all my wedding stuff got to Mankato ahead of time. And then it wouldn't need to sit in a frigid car all day.) We got another call from the tow truck; their tow wasn't working. 

G and I went to Mankato to run last minute school/wedding errands and got another call from the tow service around 8pm that they were finally bringing my car to the shop. Whew! What a day! I drove G's car back to my house and that's what I've been driving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment