Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Last Day as Miss H

This is my last day of school with my maiden name! Hard to believe it. 

Our last day of school in 2022 was also filled with curveballs... The weather forecast for the next three days includes a winter storm warning, blizzard warning, and wind chill warning. Fun fun. It's up in the air whether we'll have our Christmas program Friday and Saturday or not. Just in case, we still had practice.

We got the news at 8:45 that New Ulm was letting out at noon. That mixed up our whole morning schedule... We moved chapel an hour earlier as well as program practice and lunch. The all-school movie got cancelled and we had to open presents before chapel. 

My rule is all your homework has to be turned in before you can open your present. Getting out of school early killed that rule. They had no time to work on anything. Ugh. Most got their spelling done. Most did not finish their handwriting. We pushed off a bunch of assignments to be due in the new year. I had planned to correct all my papers during the movie. Guess I'll be spending the afternoon doing that. Bummer. 

Nicollet didn't call off school until the middle of program practice. Those kids are getting picked up at 1pm, so we're keeping an eye on them an extra hour. I have everything I didn't bring over to Mankato packed up in my car and I'm heading over there as soon as the last kid leaves. Right now it's snowing big fluffy flakes. No wind so far, but when it does come up, it's going to be yucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment