Thursday, April 28, 2016

17- Work Without Shoes On

I don't think anyone went with the "work without shoes on" activity today.  Since I figured that'd be the case, I added "have extra read-aloud time."  Now, all the pinatas are finished and we only have one letter left on the "JUNGLE" poster for the musical.  All other props my class was in charge of are complete!

The penguin pinata group got a little fancy.  Instead of keeping it a plain old emperor penguin, they added yellow strips of paper on its head like a mohawk so it would be a Macaroni penguin.  When they peeked in the closet they got the idea to add yellow yarn to make it stand out even more! It looks pretty impressive!

We had musical practice at church for the first time.  We didn't have any of the set setup yet since there's communion/church on Sunday, but we'll stay after church and put everything in its place then so it's ready for practice Monday.  Only four more practices until the musical!!! Ahh!!!!  Today's practice went all right considering we didn't have actual places for kids to sit and we were missing three of our main speakers.  It can only go up from here!

After school we set up the Scholastic Book Fair that will run the rest of this week and all of next week.  We'll have it open after the musical, after next weekend's 5K, and after church the following Sunday.  Hopefully we sell lots of books!  All I need to do now is put up posters for the fair.

...Remember all those months ago I filled out an application for the WEM Outstanding Educator Award? ...Well... I finally got a call today... and I'm a regional runner up! There are three categories with two main winners and two runners up for each category.  So out of all the applicants in MN (I think), I am one of the two runners up and I automatically get to fill out an application for next year's award.  They're sending someone to school to interview my class and me and pass out my "goodies".  This includes a certificate, a trophy, and $1500! Woo! It's still pretty surreal.

Tomorrow's activity: go to the MLC play. (Some of the boys were grumbling because we were already going to do that... why couldn't we do something actually fun? Yeah, I was not too happy about their attitude.  But when I brought up the option to stop doing the balloons, they all said, "no, let's keep doing them.")

No comments:

Post a Comment