Thursday, April 21, 2016

Birthday Singing

In case you didn't know, today's my birthday!

I got to school and found a green elephant balloon animal on my desk (courtesy of Mr. D).  There was also a birthday balloon and a mason jar of flowers from Mr. and Mrs. E.  How sweet! I've enjoyed looking at their bright colors all day.  

Once the kiddos got to school, the chorus of birthday greetings began.  The 3rd and 4th grade girls made a special trip to my room to serenade me with both birthday songs, plus another birthday cheer (the one they sing at restaurants sometimes...).  On the Bookmobile, the kindergartners sang both birthday songs for me.  And the 7th and 5th graders sang to me while they worked on Mystery Class.  Lots of singing for my birthday...

We had dessert today at lunch, a happy coincidence (brownies), and the 5th and 6th graders were really nice to me during our game of 4-square.  "Don't get Miss H out! It's her birthday!"  A few kids wanted to know if I brought treats.  My plan had been to bake something, but last night I hosted Bible Study and didn't have time.  We watched the movie War Room, (if you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth the time, it's a fantastic movie) and Mrs. B brought brownies to share as a birthday treat.  

It's been raining on and off all day, both here and in Truman, which means that it's too wet to plant and my farmer can take the evening off to come visit me!  But if it had been too nice to take the night off, my parents said they would meet me for supper somewhere so I wouldn't be by myself on my birthday.  I have such a great family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment