Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sneaky

One of the 6th graders was sneaky today.  At lunch, the girls and I were talking about Reading Buddies tomorrow and that we should get books from the Bookmobile to change things up a bit.  A boy eavesdropping on the conversation casually walked to the reading corner and plucked a bunch of books from the shelves.  When he brought them back to his desk, I noticed they were all the books that just came back from vacation!  He snuck them out from under his classmates' noses.  I know tomorrow the boy who was soooo excited about them will make a fuss that his classmate has them all, and the other boy knows too.  So I told him not to be surprised if I make him give the other boy one or two of them.

Speaking of the Bookmobile, I checked out way too many books today.  I had placed a hold on a few after school yesterday, going off my to-read shelf on Goodreads.com.  But I didn't realize that a bunch of the books were actually chapter books, not picture books.  Oops.  I guess I have a lot of reading to do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment