Wednesday, April 27, 2016

18- Watch a Wishbone Episode

The Wishbone episode was a hit! (When is it not???) The hardest part was deciding which episode to watch.  I really should invest in purchasing the whole show on DVD, but for now we watch on Youtube.  Sometimes the quality isn't that great.  Such is the case with the David and Goliath episode we were going to watch.  The kids were all excited for that story and then the sound was weird on the video, so we switched to the episode featuring the book Arabian Nights where Shaharazad tells tales to the king night after night so he doesn't put her to death.  The particular story she told (for the Wishbone episode) was "Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves".  I don't think my students had heard it before!  We had good discussion afterwards.

The school board did come in to watch us today.  I went about my normal morning routine, but he came in at a sort of boring time when the kids were working on their spelling and there wasn't much for me to do except wander and help them when they got stuck. The board member looked a little bored.  Oh well. Such is life. One guy still didn't show up today. I'm not sure if he'll reschedule or just skip it for this year...

Tomorrow's activity: work without shoes on (most weren't too thrilled with that one, so I said we'd do extra read-aloud tomorrow to make it a little better).

No comments:

Post a Comment