Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Student Teacher

I got to meet our student teacher today! She's just like I thought she'd be... friendly, enthusiastic, ready to dig in.  Since she's here to observe four classes I teach (7th grade science, social, 5/6 science, social) and the kindergarten class, scheduling got a little complicated.  We settled on her teaching a little bit of each subject area for each grade.  Plus she'll throw in some kindergarten lessons along the way too.  I'm excited for her to start! We figured out a good way for her to have time in class and still get back to BLC for her other afternoon classes.  At least two days a week she'll be able to stay after school so we can go over questions she has about teaching/the classroom, pointers about lessons, etc. I have a feeling these next few weeks will be extra fun.

During the Iowa tests today, we let Joe loose in the room.  He ended up wandering out to the gym during one of the bathroom breaks... although I'm still suspicious that he could get that far... I wouldn't be surprised to find out one of my kiddos gave him a lift out to the gym.  But he was pretty active today.  It wasn't super warm in our classroom, but he was doing laps while we had him out!  In the wild, they walk for miles, so I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment