Friday, April 8, 2016

Good Day

Today was a good day.

No, it wasn't perfect.  And I still had behavior issues to deal with.  I didn't teach them anything profound.  But they taught themselves.  And figured things out for themselves.  In my mind, that's the best kind of day.

We finally had an extended amount of time to do Mystery Class.  Now that we have all the clues, the students can dig in and narrow down the locations.  They're getting excited about it!  One group of boys kept bouncing back and forth between the iPad and the map attached to the whiteboard, seeing which countries matched best with the clues and the things they found online.  Oh, it was just great, watching them use both technology and physical resources.  Only one of the 15 bugged me about going out for recess.  The rest were too caught up in Mystery Class to worry about it.

Other good things: I got to share with the class about Ivy's art lecture (Okay, I was bragging a bit... she did great! I'm so proud of her!), more birthday treats (cupcakes from yesterday and an ice cream bar from a 1st grader), and it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment